Sunday, September 10, 2023

2019 Forgeron Boushey Vineyard Grenache

Happy Sunday!  Today has been an adventure as I completed the sauce making endeavor by canning 13 quarts of fresh pasta sauce with roasted garlic and peppers, in addition to doing laundry and other sundry chores around the house.  So, I figure I've earned a nice glass of wine, and tonight that wine is the 2019 Forgeron Grenache, a 100% Grenache from the Boushey Vineyard in the Yakima Valley AVA of Washington.  This is Forgeron's second vintage of a pure Grenache (you can see my review of the first vintage here), so let's see how this second effort is tasting!

2019 Forgeron Boushey Vineyard Grenache

The wine is a bright ruby color in the glass, with a lighter body, somewhat reminiscent of a Pinot Noir.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of cherry, plum and currant amid floral notes of lavender and a hint of minerality.  The first sip is a rush of ripe berry, that quickly evolves into sweetness and acidity coming to fisticuffs!  As these two settle down, the wine gracefully transitions to some mineral notes midpalate before easing into sweet cherry and white pepper notes on the finish, which is wonderfully smooth and dry.

Barbecued baby back ribs, corn on the cob and green beans

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as I wasn't quite as impressed with this vintage as I was with the inaugural, but it's still a wonderful representation of the varietal.  This wine would pair well with lamb, Yankee pot roast or summer barbecue, which is a good thing given my dinner selection.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with some slow cooked barbecued baby back ribs, corn on the cob and green beans, a perfect end of summer dinner!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment