Wednesday, March 13, 2024

2022 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir

Happy Wine Wednesday!  I know I didn't have a chance to post over the past week or so, but now I have a chance mid-week!  Tonight, I've opened a bottle of 2022 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir.  As a proud shareholder of Willamette Valley Vineyards, it's always a pleasure to open a bottle, which in this case I found at my local Costco last weekend.  So, let's see how this wine is tasting.

2022 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir

The wine is a deep garnet color in the glass with nice clarity, just as you'd expect from a nice Pinot.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of strawberry, blackberry and plum amid earthy leather and a hint of oak.  The first sip is rush or ripe red fruit, raspberry, cherry and currant that evolve to some notes of warm pepper spice and just a bit of funk midpalate.  The tannins are subdued, but offer a velvety smooth dry finish with a reprise of cherry.


tomato and mozzarella ravioli with Italian sausage marinara

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's drinking nicely right now, but might improve a bit over the course of the next year.  This wine would pair well with a variety of dishes, from salmon and seared tuna, to pasta or wild mushroom risotto.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with an easy mid-week dish of tomato and mozzarella ravioli with some Italian sausage marinara.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment