Friday, July 23, 2021

2020 Mark Ryan Lu & Oly Flowerhead Rose

Happy Friday!  It's getting really hot and humid here, which can only mean that rose season is in full effect!  Perhaps this weekend we might make it all rose all day, what do you think?  In any case, tonight I've opened a bottle of 2020 Lu & Oly Flowerhead Rose, from Mark Ryan Winery in Washington.  This wine is a blend of Sangiovese (89%), Merlot (6%), Syrah (4%) and Grenache (1%) from the Columbia Valley of Washington.  So, let's see if this wine is as refreshing as the artwork on the label!

2020 Mark Ryan Lu & Oly Flowerhead Rose

The wine is a pale peach color in the glass, a near perfect rose color.  A gentle swirl reveals aromas of strawberry, peach, green apple and a hint of green grass.  Take a sip and your greeted with a rush of zesty citrus up front that enlivens your tastebuds, before transitioning to some wonderful velvety peach and raspberry notes midpalate.  The finish is crisp and dry, with a lovely lingering feeling that will have you reaching for another sip.

Snow crab legs, lobster tail, crispy Brussels sprout and cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a very pleasant drinking rose that would be perfect on the patio all summer long.  This wine would pair well with a range of lighter summer fare, from caprese salads to Asian chicken lettuce wraps.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with my first adventure with Uber Eats and a crab and lobster feast from Red Lobster!  Snow crab legs, lobster tail, crispy Brussels sprouts and of course their amazing cheddar biscuits.  I admit I rarely dine out when I'm home, but my company gave me an Uber Eats gift card last Christmas, so I thought I should use it.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment