Saturday, November 14, 2020

2018 Bledsoe Family Winery Cabernet Sauvignon

Well this wine almost went past the boards as I received eight bottles with my wine club shipments and I was down to three bottles (now two!) before I had a chance to review this wine.  The 2018 Bledsoe Family Winery Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (78%), Merlot (11%) and Syrah (11%) from the Bob Healy, Loess, Seven Hills and Golden Ridge Vineyards in the Walla Walla AVA of Washington.  So let's see how this wine is shaping up before I head out to the theater this evening!

2018 Bledsoe Family Winery Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is a deep ruby color in the glass with great clarity, as you might expect from a nice Walla Walla Cabernet.  The nose is a rather subdued affaire, with a bit of green grass and mint under black cherry and fig aromas.  The taste is a rush of ripe black fruit, cherry, plum and mulberry that transitions nicely to some dusty limestone and cocoa midpalate.  The tannins are still a bit tightly wound, but well integrated for a lingering dry finish.

Korean beef bulgogi with jasmine rice

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it seems to have taken a step back in this vintage (formerly, under the "Flying B" label, this wine peaked with the 2016 vintage in my opinion).  This wine would be a very good steak wine, and would pair well with a variety of hearty fall and winter dishes, from beef stew to hearty pasta dishes.  Tonight I'm trying something new, as I bought some pre-marinated Korean beef bulgogi at Costco, so I've prepared that with some jasmine rice.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment