Monday, January 27, 2020

2017 Peaks & Tides Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Monday!  I feel like I got more done today than I probably did, but we'll just go with it!  After working all day, I went to the gym and now I'm ready for dinner and a nice glass of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle that was a Christmas gift from a long time friend, and last year she gave me a bottle of the 2015 vintage and this year the 2017 Peaks & Tides Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  So let's see how this one tastes!

2017 Peaks & Tides Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is deep ruby color in the glass, with nice clarity.  The nose is a wonderful combination of earthy leather, green grass, blackberry and a hint of mint over the top.  The taste is a rush of tart cherry at the outset that eases into some ripe blackberry and plum.  Midpalate we have some lovely black pepper spice notes as the acidity takes the drivers seat with the dusty tannins along for the ride on the long, smooth and delightfully dry finish.

Rare grilled ribeye with grilled broccoli rabe

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, as it's just a nice everyday Cabernet for under $20 that would pair well with lamb, steaks or barbecue (or just about anything you might serve up for the big game this weekend).  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a boneless ribeye grilled rare with some grilled broccoli rabe and a big baked potato.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment