Saturday, November 9, 2019

2016 DaMa Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, it's been a crazy busy Saturday, as I spent the entire day in the yard doing my best to recreate the giant pile of leaves that filled two dump trucks yesterday when the city came to pick them up and now the pile is back!  And the worst part is I didn't finish by dark, so now I'll have to do it again tomorrow!  Well at least there is wine before I head out to the theater tonight (see I told you this was a crazy busy day!), so I've opened a bottle of the latest wine club shipment from DaMa Wines, the 2016 DaMa Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon, a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Walla Walla Valley of Washington.  So let's see how this wine is shaping up!

2016 DaMa Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is an inky black at the center with bright ruby along the edges, just as you'd expect from a pure Cabernet.  The nose exudes class with notes of dark chocolate, cassis, ripe black fruit and rich leather and spice.  The taste is a rush of ripe blackberry, plum and cherry that transition nicely to notes of cocoa powder and a hint of white pepper spice.  The robust tannins are the ideal foundation for a smooth and voluptuous finish that lingers on the palate.

Prime New York Strip with roasted beet farro, grilled leeks and romanesco

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as Mary and crew have done a fine job crafting this Cabernet that's just perfect for fall.  This wine would pair well with a variety of hearty dishes, from roast prime rib to chili to lamb, but tonight I am enjoying this wine with a rare grilled prime New York strip with some red beet farrow and grilled leeks and romanesco.  Cheers!

leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment