Wednesday, March 20, 2019

2018 Healy Rose

Happy Wine Wednesday! I know it’s a little early, but winter has been really harsh and I’m really in the mood for summer, if not spring, so why not open a bottle of rose and just pretend it’s summer? Tonight I’ve open the bottle of 2018 Healy Rose from Drew Bledsoe‘s Family winery in Walla Walla. This one has become a favorite rose for me and I’m excited to try this new vintage that just arrived this week from my wine club shipment. This wine is a proprietary blend from the Kenny Hill, Mill Creek, Los Oidos and McQueen Vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley of Washington.  So let’s see how it tastes!


The wine is a pale peach color in the glass, perfect for summer gatherings on the patio. The nose presents pleasant aromas of strawberry, melon, peach and a hint of citrus. The taste is just a rush of summer fruit, citrus, strawberries and melon intermingled with some sharp mineral notes. These wonderful flavors and aroma are combined in a crisp, dry finish that just makes me want to sit out on a warm summer night on the patio.


Overall I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it’s just an ideal summer rose, very dry very crisp and a perfect representative of Washington rose. This one would pair well with so many summer dishes from grilled burgers and salads, to barbecued ribs, to steaks and chops -  truly a versatile wine. Tonight I’m enjoying this wine with a grilled jerk chicken breast along with some black beans and yellow rice a perfect midweek dinner with a fresh glass of rose. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment