Saturday, August 15, 2026

2024 Seven Hills Walla Walla Cabernet Franc

Happy Saturday!  It rained most of the day, which gave me time to run errands and get ready for dinner.  And now that the sun has returned, I have some time to open a nice bottle of wine and start cooking.  Tonight, I've opened a bottle from a long-time favorite Walla Walla producer, Seven Hills Winery.  The 2024 Seven Hills Walla Walla Cabernet Franc is a 100% Cabernet Franc sourced from the McClellan Estate Vineyard and the Summit View Vineyard in the Walla Walla AVA of Washington.  Let's see how this wine is tasting!

2024 Seven Hills Walla Walla Cabernet Franc

The wine is a bright ruby color in the glass with great clarity.  The nose presents aromas of leather, ripe black fruit and mocha, with hints of dusty loam underneath.  The first sip is a rush of ripe blackberry, plum and currant that transition to some earthy notes of green grass and earthy peat midpalate.  The tannins are subdued, but provide a nice foundation for the smooth dry finish.

Grilled pork tenderloin, hatch chiles and fresh corn on the cob

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a well constructed wint that would be ideal for late summer cuisine.  This wine would pair well with classic summer disshes from burgers and brats for barbecued ribs and smoked brisket.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with a grilled pork tenderloin, hatch chiles and fresh corn on the cob that I picked up from the maaket this morning.  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment