Saturday, September 19, 2026

2021 Pepper Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Saturday!  It's been rainy here today, which means I had a chance to get some indoor work done ahead of my community theater performance tonight.  Before I go, I have to have dinner and a nice glass of wine.  Tonight, I've opened a bottle from a wine club shipment that must have come a year or so ago.  The 2021 Pepper Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (84%), Malbec (7%), Merlot (6%) and Petit Verdot (4%) and these add to 101% likely due to rounding!  The grapes were harvested from the Pepper Bridge, Octave and Yellow Jacket Vineyards in the Walla Walla AVA of Washington.  Let's taste this wine!

2021 Pepper Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is a deep ruby in the glass with nice clarity.  The nose presents aromas of leather, blueberry, vanilla and an undertone of floral notes.  The first sip is a rush of ripe black fruit that gives way to some notes of charred oak, dusty limestone and dark chocolate midpalate.  The tannins are expertly structured, providing the perfect base for the long, velvety smooth dry finish.

Grilled ribeye, roasted pappers and Brussels sprouts

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's a classic Washington Cabernet, with great earthy texture and a backbone to stand up to hearty meals.  This wine would pair well with hard cheeses and charcuterie, grilled lamb or earthy mushroom risotto. Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with a grilled ribeye, roasted pappers and Brussels sprouts and a big baked potato with sour cream and chives.  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment