Wednesday, September 23, 2026

2019 Château de Camparian Pessac-Léognan

Happy Wine Wednesday!  I teach late on Wednesdays, so I just got home a little while ago, so while I'm waiting for my dinner to cook, I thought I'd open a bottle of mystery wine, mystery in the sense that I have no idea where I bought this wine, how long I've had it or what sort of blend it is.  That said, the 2019 Château  de Camparian Pessac-Léognan is from the norther part of the Graves region of Bordeaux, with similar character to a Médoc, with a heavy hand of Cabenet in the blend.  Let's see how this wine is tasting!

2019 Château  de Camparian Pessac-Léognan

The wine is a deep ruby in the glass, more akin to a Merlot that Cabernet, but with nice clarity.  The nose presents aromas of blackberry jam, dusty limestone and leather, with subtle floral undertones.  The first sip is a rush of ripe berry fruit, blackberry, cherry and plum that is more reminsicent of a Zinfandel than a typical Bordeaux.  The fruit eases into some notes of charred oak and basalt midpalate, before easing into the dry finish that lingers modestly on the palate.

Pork tenderloin, mushroom farro and bacon roasted brussels sprouts

Overall, I would rate this wine a 7.5, as it's a pleasant wine, but nothing to write home about.  This wine would pair well with a range of soft cheeses, grilled lamb or a classic choucroute garnie.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with an Asian marinade pork tenderloin, mushroom farro and bacon roasted brussels sprouts, as I attemt to mimic the classic pork and fermented cabbage dish. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment