Sunday, February 11, 2024

2019 Tenute del Neccio Super Tuscan

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  I admit, as a Bears fan I usually lose interest in football about week 3 of the season, so tonight I am just enjoying a nice quiet dinner and watching a movie.  Yes, that may be lame, but so am I!  So, what's on the menu tonight?  I am having some nice comfort food that reminds me of my childhood, and for no particular reason, I opened up a bottle of 2019 Tenute del Neccio Super Tuscan that I recently bought from Wines Till Sold Out.  Unlike many Super Tuscans that rely on blending Bordeaux varietals, this wine relies more on the traditional Tuscan varietals, Sangiovese, Malvasia Nera and Ciliegiolo.  Let's see how this wine is tasting!

2019 Tenute del Neccio Super Tuscan

The wine is a lighter color in the glass, reflecting the heavier reliance on Sangiovese in the blend.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of cherry and plum, intermingled with earthy notes of tar and green cedar.  The first sip a surprising rush of ripe red berries that at first exhibit a hint of sweetness before turning tart.  The earthy mineral notes of dusty limestone come out midpalate before easing into a wonderfully smooth dry finish.

Stuffed cabbage!

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, as it's a pleasant drinking Tuscan wine and a good value under $13.  This wine would pair with a variety of casual dishes (perhaps like you're enjoying at the big game!) from burgers and brats, to pizza and barbecued ribs.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with some stuffed cabbage, topped with fire roasted tomatoes and melted mozzarella and provolone.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment