Sunday, October 1, 2023

2021 Mas de la Baronne Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé

Happy Sunday!  Today I did some actual work as well as some chores around the house, went for a bike ride and was run off the path by an idiot pedestrian that didn't want to move, so now that I've stopped the bleeding on my shin I am really ready for a glass of wine!  And since it's still 82 degrees, it must still be rosé season despite the face that it's October!  So, tonight I've opened a bottle of 2021 Mas de la Baronne Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé that I bought from Wines Till Sold Out over the summer.  This wine is  blend of Grenache and Syrah, so, let's see how it's tasting!

2021 Mas de la Baronne Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé

The wine is a pale peach color in the glass, very light as seems to be the recent popular trend in rosé.  After a gentle swirl, the wine offers aromas of peach, lemongrass and strawberry.  The first sip is a surprising rush of ripe berry, raspberry, strawberry and currant, that transition to some earthy mineral notes midpalate.  The finish is crisp and very dry with some mild acidity at the end.

Nashville spiced chicken breast, pasta and sugar snap peas

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a classic rosé from Provence that would be an ideal summer sipper, especially at a value price of just $10.  This wine would pair well with a variety of fish, from pan fried lake perch to a nice salmon filet, summer salads or a cold pasta salad.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with some roasted chicken breasts that I coated in bread crumbs mixed with a bit of Nashville hot spice powder I recently bought, along with some pasta and sugar snap peas.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment