Sunday, October 15, 2023

2021 Bledsoe Family Winery Cabernet Franc

Happy Sunday!  So the past two weekends have been raining so I haven't been able to mow and my grass desperately needs it.  But there is one small problem, this being autumn my grass was covered with leaves which need to be removed before I could mow.  So, I spent six hours on the only non-rainy day of the weekend to blow leaves and mow, making me tired and sore at this point.  What to do?  I know, I'll open up a nice bottle of wine and cook a good dinner to make me feel better!  Tonight, I've opened a recent wine club shipment from Bledsoe Family Winery, the 2021 Walla Walla Cabernet Franc.  This wine is a 100% Cabernet Franc from the McQueen, LeFore and Schafer Vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley.  So, let's see how this wine is tasting!

2021 Bledsoe Family Winery Cabernet Franc

The wine is a deep, inky purple in the glass just as you'd expect from a nice Cabernet Franc.  Take a whiff and you're greeted by aromas of tart cherry, dusty limestone and a bit of tobacco that is more reminiscent of a nice Syrah.  The first sip is a rush of black fruit, plum, cherry and currant that dance around some nice minerality midpalate.  The tannins are still developing, but the finish is pleasant and smooth, with a bit of acidity at the end.

Pan seared Scottish black pearl salmon filet, steamed rice and oven roasted broccolini

Overall, I would rate this wine s solid 8.5, as it's a solid example of this Bordeaux varietal that will likely improve quite a bit with some time in the cellar.  This wine would pair well with hearty beef dishes, barbecue or risotto, but tonight I am enjoying this wine with a pan seared Scottish black pearl salmon filet, steamed rice and some oven roasted broccolini.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment