Sunday, August 15, 2021

2019 Willamette Valley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir

Happy Sunday!  I apologize for not posting in over a week, but we had some thunderstorms roll through midweek, and although all my big trees survived, my home computer, printer and modem did not (the modem survived but now I only have wifi access to the web, no wired access).  But now everything is back online, so it's an ideal time to open up a nice bottle of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle from Willamette Valley Vineyards, of which I am an owner, so I am very enthused to taste the 2019 Willamette Valley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir.  This wine is sourced from the three estate vineyards, including the original vineyard in the Salem Hills, the Tualatin Estate and the Elton Vineyard.  So, let's see how this wine is tasting!

2019 Willamette Valley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir

The wine is a pale garnet color in the glass with great clarity, just as you might expect from this varietal.  A gentle swirl in the glass releases aromas of ripe berries, blackberry, currant and raspberry intermingled with dried herbs and a bit of minerality.  The first sip reveals a rush of sweet berry fruit that eases into some anise and a hint of spice midpalate.  The tannins are nicely structured providing some backbone to the velvety dry finish that lingers for a bit.

Pretzel crusted chicken breast along with a saffron potato puree and some bacon roasted Brussels sprouts

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's the type of Pinot Noir that I enjoy sipping, vibrant fruit and minerality that is not overpowered by any sort of funk.  This wine would pair well with salmon, lamb or earthy mushroom dishes, or even a classic truffle mac and cheese.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with a pretzel crusted chicken breast along with a saffron potato puree and some bacon roasted Brussels sprouts.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment