Monday, June 10, 2019

2015 Buty Conner Lee Vineyard Merlot-Cabernet Franc

Happy Monday!  I came home today to find my garage door not working, and then realized that it wasn't working because the power was out all over the neighborhood.  So, I did what anyone would do, yard work!  As I finished mowing, the power was restored and you all got to have this wonderful wine blog post.  Tonight I've opened up a bottle of a future wine club selection, the 2015 Buty Winery Conner Lee Vineyard Merlot-Cabernet Franc. This is my first wine from Buty, and this one is a classic Columbia Valley Bordeaux style blend of Merlot (67%) and Cabernet Franc (33%).  So let's see how this one tastes!


The wine is a deep ruby color in the glass, as you'd expect from Merlot and Cabernet Franc.  The nose is a wonderfully earthy combination of dusty limestone, leather, musk and candied cherries that has a distinctly Tuscan sort of vibe.  The taste is a rush of ripe blackberry, cherry and boysenberry that completely envelops the palate before transitioning to some notes of white pepper spice and a hint of lavender.  The silky tannins are well integrated for a wonderfully complex, long dry finish that lingers.


Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a wonderful example of some of the great blending in the Columbia Valley.  This wine would be great paired with a big steak, but it would also sing with some pizza or barbecue.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with some braised beef short ribs, mashed potatoes and some bacon roasted broccoli rabe.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment