Monday, October 15, 2018

2012 L'Ecole No. 41 Walla Walla Cabernet Franc

Ahhh...Monday... I have to admit, I am not a big fan.  But if I have to endure it, I may as well be drinking a nice glass of wine.  And tonight I've opened a bottle from one of my favorite Walla Walla wineries, L'Ecole No. 41!  The 2012 Estate Cabernet Franc is a 100% Cabernet Franc from the Seven Hills Vineyard with a limited production of just 340 cases, so let's see how this one stacks up!


The wine is a beautiful deep ruby color in the glass.  The nose presents aromas of dusty limestone, cedar, dried herbs and a hint of mint.  The taste is wonderfully fruit forward, with flavors of blackberry jam, blueberry and plum which transitions to some spicy black pepper notes midpalate.  The tannins are nicely structured and integrated, providing for a wonderfully long, smooth and very dry finish.


Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a classic example of what a pure Cabernet Franc can be.  This wine would pair well with a variety of dishes, from steaks and chops to pasta and Thanksgiving turkey.  Tonight I am enjoying this with another classic pairing, a maple glazed salmon filet with rice and heirloom carrots.  The rich fruit of the wine is a perfect complement to a nice salmon filet, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment