Wednesday, November 29, 2017

2015 Dona Paula Estate Malbec

Happy Wine Wednesday!  Tonight I’ve decided to open a nice Malbec from one of my favorite Argentine peoducers, Dona Paula Estate.  I’m feeling a bit lazy tonight and I’m hankering for some Thai food, so it seems that a 2015 Dona Paula Malbec from the Uco Valley in Mendoza just might do the trick!  So let’s see if I was right.


The wine is a deep, inky purple color in the glass. The nose presents aromas of ripe red fruit, cherry, plum and currant intermingled with green herbs and a touch of mint.  The taste is classic Malbec with a rush of red fruit mixed with green herbs, black pepper spice and earthy undertones that are just what you’d expect from a nice Malbec from Mendoza.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, as it’s a nice example of a classic Malbec and a terrific value for around $12. This wine would pair well with a variety of dishes beyond the classic steak, and tonight I am enjoying this wine with some Pad Kee Mao Thai take out, it’s always a challenge to pair wine with Thai food, but I’ve found a good Malbec is usually a solid choice. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment