Sunday, September 18, 2016

2011 Clos du Tue-Boeuf La Guerrerie Touraine

Happy Sunday!  It's been a rough day as I found that my water heater was leaking, but at least it wasn't too back (plumber coming tomorrow) and then I looked out the window this morning and saw a groundhog wandering around, next the critter control will be out.  It just seems like these things come in bunches, but thankfully there is wine to help us though the challenges of life!  Tonight I've decided to open another of my boss' reject wines, the 2011 Clos du Tue-Boeuf La Guerrerie Touraine, a nice Gamay from the Loire Valley of France.


The wine is a nice light ruby color in the glass with great clarity.  The nose presents aromas of black licorice, cherry and a hint of leather.  The taste is light and refreshing, with a rush of ripe red fruit up front, tart cherry, cassis and currant that transitions nicely to some smoke, mint and mineral notes midpalate.  The finish is quite nice, with some soft tannins supporting a long, smooth dry finish.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 7.5, it's a very pleasant wine, but I'll be the first to admit that Gamay can be an acquired taste.  This would be a nice wine with many lighter summer dishes, but tonight I am enjoying it with a classic Autumn Sunday dinner, of roast chicken with cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment