Wednesday, July 22, 2026

2023 Seven Hills Winery McClellan Estate Petit Verdot

Happy Wine Wednesday!  It's been a few weeks since I posted on Wine Wednesday, so let's enjoy it!  Tonight, I've opened a bottle of 2023 Seven Hills Winery McClellan Estate Petit Verdot, a single varietal bottling of what is usually a blending varietal harvested from the McClellan Estate Vineyard in the Walla Walla AVA of Washington.  Let's see how this new vintage is shaping up!

2023 Seven Hills Winery McClellan Estate Petit Verdot

The wine is deep ruby in the glass with nice clarity.  The nose presents an enticing blend of ripe plum, leather and oak, with subtle undertones of pipe tobacco.  The first sip is wonderfully fruit forward, with a rush of black cherry, marionberry and blueberry that ease into some notes of dark chocolate and mocha midpalate.  The tannins are well structured, with a rush of acidity towards the long, smooth dry finish.

Spicy Cajun dirty rice

I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's a really pleasant drinking wine from an often overlooked varietal. This is also quote a versatile, food friendly wine, as I could see this pairing with a range of casual summer fare, from burgers and brats, to barbecue and steak.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with some spicy Cajun dirty rice with onions, peppers and andouille sausage.  Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment