Sunday, July 14, 2024

2023 Bledsoe Family Winery Healy Rosé

Happy Sunday!  I spent yesterday trimming hedges and mowing, so today I needed a break!  I did some laundry and now I'm ready for a nice glass of wine and my Sunday dinner.  Given the recent heat and humidity, I thought it appropriate to once again celebrate rosé season!  Tonight, I've opened a bottle from a recent wine club shipment from the Bledsoe Family Winery, the 2023 Bledsoe Family Winery Healy Rosé.  This wine is a 100% Syrah from the Flying B Estate, Los Oidos and Kenny Hill Vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley AVA of Washington.  So, let's see how summer is treating this wine!

2023 Bledsoe Family Winery Healy Rosé

The wine is a pale peach color in the glass, with a more solid color than some recent rosé vintages.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of peach, orange blossom and citrus that signal a bit of refreshment coming your way.  Take a sip and you're greeted with a rush of sweet summer fruit with subtle acidity that practically begs you to enjoy this bottle fully engaged on your patio. The mild acidity and well integrated tannins create a finish that is lingering on the palate, much different from the acidic crush of most rosés.

Grilled octopus and fresh summer veggies grilled with herbs de Provence and flaky sea salt

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as I think it's the best vintage yet of this fun summer wine.  This one would pair well with summer salads, particularly a nice caprese with aged balsamic, seared tuna or fun fish tacos.  Tonight, I am taking a decidedly Mediterranean route with this wine and enjoying it with some grilled octopus and fresh summer veggies grilled with herbs de Provence and flaky sea salt.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment