Sunday, July 7, 2024

2019 B by Fonbadet Bordeaux

Happy Sunday!  Well the long holiday weekend is almost over, but there's still time for Sunday dinner and a nice bottle of wine.  Tonight, I've opened a nice bottle of Bordeaux that I think I bought a few months back at Costco, and I have no idea about the wine or it's composition, but being a Bordeaux, I can only imagine it has some Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and any other combination of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so let's just try it out shall we?

2019 B by Fonbadet Bordeaux

The wine is a deep ruby color in the glass, just as you might expect from a nice Bordeaux.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of blackberry, toffee, earthy mineral notes and baking spice.  The first sip is a rush of stark minerality, with notes of basalt and tar, that transition nicely to some notes of black cherry and cassis, intermingled with black pepper spice midpalate.  The tannins are classically structured for a Bordeaux, leaving you with a dry finish that you scarcely notice.

Rare grilled Cajun spiced ribeye with sautéed onions, mushrooms and peppers and bacon roasted Brussels sprouts

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it was a solid example of a daily drinker in the heart of France, and like so many Bordeaux, this wine is very affordable as I think I paid about $15 for this one at Costco.  This wine would pair well with a variety of hearty dishes, from pasta and jambalaya to hearty steaks and chops.  Tonight I am opting for the latter and enjoying this wine with a rare grilled Cajun spiced ribeye with sautéed onions, mushrooms and peppers and some bacon roasted Brussels sprouts.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment