Sunday, September 18, 2022

2018 Chateau Beaumont Haut-Medoc

Happy Sunday!  I've been working in the yard all afternoon, so I am not pretty tired and ready for a nice glass of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle of 2018 Chateau Beaumont Haut-Medoc that I recently picked up at Costco, which was also a pleasant choice since one of my personal favorite Bordeaux from my first visit to Paris in 1995 was the Haut-Medoc.  This wonderful blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot is an ideal way to end my weekend, so let's see how it's tasting!

2018 Chateau Beaumont Haut-Medoc

The wine is a deep ruby color in the glass, as you might expect from this Cabernet heavy blend.  A swirl of the glass reveals classic Bordeaux aromas of leather, black cherry and cassis that beckon you to take a sip.  After imbibing you are confronted with a rush of ripe black fruit intermingled with hints of mint that eases into some black pepper notes midpalate.  The tannins are supple but well integrated, providing for a wonderfully smooth dry finish that is classic Bordeaux. 

Rare grilled prime ribcap on a bed of grilled leeks and topped with horseradish and fresh rosemary, tomato basil farfalle with some fresh pesto and shredded parmesan, and bacon maple roasted brussels sprouts

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's a great example of the Haut-Medoc I grew up on in the mid-1990s, and it was a terrific value at just $18!  This wine would play well with pasta, seafood and steaks, as well as a great charcuterie wine.  Tonight, I am enjoying this wine with a rare grilled prime ribcap (also from Costco) on a bed of grilled leeks and topped with horseradish and fresh rosemary, some tomato basil farfalle with some fresh pesto and shredded parmesan, and some bacon maple roasted brussels sprouts!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment