Tuesday, September 15, 2020

2018 Pine & Brown Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, I just returned from my evening bike ride, so now that I've done my exercise for the day, I can make up for it with a nice bottle of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle that just arrived yesterday from Wines Till Sold Out, the 2018 Pine & Brown Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  This wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (95%) and Petit Verdot (5%) from the Oakville District of Napa Valley.  So, let's see how this one is tasting!

2018 Pine & Brown Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is a deep inky black at the center with bright garnet along the edges, just as you might expect from a big Napa Cabernet.  The nose is a classic blend of leather, black fruit and a hint of lavender over the top. The taste is classic big Napa Cabernet with a rush of black currant, cherry and blackberry, that transitions easily to some notes of cedar, and mocha midpalate.  The tannins are nicely structured, providing a nice backbone for the long, smooth dry finish with a nice accent of black pepper spice.

Fajita steak tacos!

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a pleasant drinking Cabernet from a solid Napa Valley vintage.  This wine obviously craves a steak, but would also pair well with easy weeknight dishes ranging from pasta to pizza or burgers.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with some steak fajita tacos (it is Taco Tuesday after all!) with all the trimmings.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment