Sunday, March 29, 2020

2017 Pepper Bridge Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Sunday!  I hope you all are making out well with all of the quarantines and shelter in place orders.  I'll admit I have been going for walks every lunch time, but since I live in a small town, I usually only run into one or two people during that walk and we are sure to keep our 6-foot safety zone in place.  Well, it's been a Washington wine weekend, so let's continue the trend!  Tonight I've opened a bottle of the latest wine club shipment from Pepper Bridge Winery, the 2017 Walla Walla Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  So, let's see how this wine is shaping up!

2017 Pepper Bridge Winery Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is a deep garnet color in the glass, as you might expect from a nice Cabernet.  The nose is a spicy yet fruity affair, with aromas of blackberry, currant and cassis, with hints of mint and tarragon in the background.  The taste is a rush of cool black fruit, blackberry, cherry, plum and blueberry that transitions to flavors of warm, white pepper spice midpalate.  The tannins are nicely structured, providing a nice backbone for the long, smooth dry finish.

Rare grilled ribeye, roasted rainbow carrots and cipollini onions and red potatoes with butter and parsley

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a pleasure to drink (and had I not enjoyed that spectacular SHW Founding Vineyard Cabernet yesterday, this would have been a top pick!).  This wine would pair well with hearty dishes, steaks, lamb, hearty pasta, but tonight I am enjoying this wine with a rare grilled boneless ribeye along with grilled rainbow carrots and cippolini onions and some red potatoes with butter and parsley.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment