Sunday, July 17, 2022

2021 Réserve de l'Abbé Côtes du Rhône Rosé

Happy Sunday!  It's been an incredibly busy week with work, so I'm afraid I haven't had much time for blogging or drinking wine, but at least tonight I have a small break.  Since we are now in the heart of rosé season, and because today has been incredibly warm and humid, I've decided to open a bottle I recently purchased from Wines Till Sold Out.  The 2021 Réserve de l'Abbé Côtes du Rhône Rosé is a blend of Grenache and Syrah from the left bank of the Rhone in the Enclave des Papes region of France.  So, let's see what this wine has to offer!

2021 Réserve de l'Abbé Côtes du Rhône Rosé

The wine is a very pale peach color in the glass, nearly bordering on the look of a white wine.  A swirl of the glass reveals aromas of ripe red berry fruit, strawberry, currant and raspberry with just a hint of citrus undertones.  Take a sip and you're greeted with a rush of ripe red fruit, as this is a very fruit forward wine, with notes of cherry and raspberry up front that transitions to hints of lemongrass and watermelon midpalate, creating a lively crispness on the palate.  The finish is crisp and dry, making this a refreshing and food friendly rosé for summer.

Homemade eggplant parmesan

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's just a pleasant drinking rosé for summer and it was also a terrific value at just $10.  This wine would pair well with summer salads, such as caprese or a roasted beet and feta over arugula, as well as spicy dishes, including fajitas or even a rich curry.  Tonight I am enjoying this with a comfort food favorite as I made some fresh eggplant parmesan with a couple of eggplants I bought at the farmers market yesterday.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment