Sunday, June 5, 2022

2019 Tinazzi Vinum Italicum Opera No. 3 Red Wine

Happy Sunday! I got back from vacation early yesterday morning, so it's taken me a bit of time to recover, but now I feel ready to get back at it.  I've been working in the yard this afternoon and doing laundry, so now it's time for a nice Sunday dinner and a glass of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle of super Tuscan that I picked up at Costco a couple weeks ago, the 2019 Tinazzi Vinum Italicum Opera No. 3 Red Wine.  I am not sure of the blend, but I suppose it's Cabernet dominant since the label describes the wine as "full bodied, elegant, intense."  So, let's see what this wine has to offer.

2019 Tinazzi Vinum Italicum Opera No. 3 Red Wine

The wine is an inky black at the center with soft ruby along the edges.  A gentle swirl of the glass reveals aromas of oak, black cherry, hints of violet and spice box, quite characteristic of a super Tuscan blend.  Take a sip and you're greeted by a rush of candied cherries and plum that transition to some earthy notes of tar and basalt midpalate.  The tannins are well structured, providing for a wonderfully long, dry finish with a reprice of acidity at the end.

North Carolina style beef ribs, chipotle cole slaw, baked beans and corn on the cob

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's an easy sipping wine at a great price of just $16 if I recall correctly.  This wine would pair well with a variety of dishes, from steak to lamb, pasta to pizza.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a summer barbecue with North Carolina style beef ribs, chipotle cole slaw, baked beans and corn on the cob.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment