Wednesday, May 25, 2022

2021 DaMa Grenache Blanc

Happy Wine Wednesday!  It's been a while since I've posted on a Wednesday given how busy my work life has been, but tonight that changes with a recent wine club selection and a wonderful spring dinner.  Tonight I've opened a bottle from a recent wine club shipment from DaMa Wines, the 2021 DaMa Grenache Blanc from the Painted Hills Vineyard in the Columbia Valley of Washington.  It's rare that I review a white wine, so let's see how this one tastes!

2021 DaMa Grenache Blanc

The wine is a wonderfully pale golden hue in the glass.  A gentle swirl reveals aromas of citrus, honeydew and pear with just a hint of oak underneath.  Take a sip and you're greeted with a rush of white grapefruit, melon and white peach, that transitions to some earthy notes of green grass and oak midpalate.  The finish is crisp and delightful, with a balanced acidity and classic dryness that make this wine an ideal summer sipper for the patio.

Morel mushroom and asparagus risotto

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, and although white wines are not my forte, this wine was truly a pleasure to drink.  This wine would pair well with summer salads, pasta or halibut, but tonight I am enjoying this wine with a special dinner.  I picked up some fresh morel mushrooms at my local market as they are now in season and decided to make some morel and asparagus risotto for dinner this evening.  The acidity of this wine is a perfect balance for the earthy richness of this risotto.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment