Saturday, March 12, 2022

2019 Seven Hills Founding Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Saturday!  I spend the day running errands and it seems like I've been busy all day but haven't really accomplished much, though at least I got some groceries and found a nice photo of Yosemite at the local thrift store for only $1, so, I guess that's something.  I am also heading to a stand-up comedy show tonight featuring some friend that took a stand-up class and will hopefully be entertaining us tonight.  In any case, it's nice that Seven Hills Winery is once again able to ship directly to my house, so tonight I am enjoying a recent wine club feature from them, the 2019 Seven Hills Founding Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. So, let's see how this wine is tasting!

2019 Seven Hills Founding Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

The wine is a deep, inky black at the center, with bright garnet along the edges.  A gentle swirl in the glass reveals aromas of leather, black raspberry, cherry and a hint of violet, beckoning you to take a sip.  That sip reveals a rush of ripe black fruit intermingled with some tart cherry before transitioning to some earthy notes of dusty limestone and cocoa powder midpalate.  The tannins are silky smooth and well integrated, making for a luscious and very dry finish that lingers for a minute or more.

Rare grilled ribeye along with some grilled leeks and asparagus and oven-roasted fingerling potatoes

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a classic example of what a Walla Walla Cabernet should be.  This wine would pair well with a big steak, venison or lamb, but would also pair well with some hearty black bean chili or wild mushroom risotto.  Tonight I am taking the road most traveled and enjoying this wine with a rare grilled ribeye along with some grilled leeks and asparagus and oven-roasted fingerling potatoes I picked up at the farmer's market this morning.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment