Saturday, September 4, 2021

2020 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir

Well, it was an eventful Saturday, as I got the truck out and traveled to Illinois to move a windmill from my uncle's yard back to mine.  It was rather uneventful, as I prepared for the worst and had it removed and placed in the truck within about 10 minutes!  So, I got back early and had time to go to the hardware store and pick up some spray paint to repaint it before finding a spot to put it in the yard.  So, now that I have some time to sip some wine and make dinner, I've decided to open a bottle of 2020 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir, which is a wine that I'm pleased to be an owner of, but also one that I think will go well with my classic Labor Day dinner.  So, let's see how this wine tastes!

2020 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir

The wine is a wonderfully bright ruby color in the glass, with great clarity to create such a gem like appearance.  A quick swirl in the glass releases aromas of strawberry, a bit of tart cherry and the faintest hint of rose petals.  Take a sip and you have a rush of tart cherry up front that eases into some earthy mineral notes with a bit of tar midpalate.  The tannins are supple, creating a base for a wonderfully smooth, dry finish with a reprise of acidity at the end.

Steamed Maine lobster and corn on the cob

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's just a classic Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley of Oregon.  This wine would pair well with a range of dished, from lamb to salmon, barbecue to asada beef tacos.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with my classic Labor Day dinner, of steamed lobster and corn on the cob.  Back in my sophomore year of college, the Civil Air Patrol would sell live Maine lobsters for $5 each for a fundraiser, so our first weekend back on campus was always a lobster fest in our fraternity house.  Since my local market had live lobsters on sale today, I've recreated my Labor Day lobster dinner.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment