Saturday, November 12, 2016

2013 DaMa Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

I can't even describe how tires I am after 8 hours of leaves!  I guess this is my punishment for living in my own private forest.  But at least there is wine, and tonight I've opened a recent wine club shipment from DaMa wines in Walla Walla, the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, a 100% Walla Walla Cabernet from the Golden Ridge Vineyard.  I've been a fan of DaMa for a while, and I must say I really like the redesign of the label for the 2013 vintage, though I will miss the curves of the previous label.  So let's see what she has to offer.


The wine is a wonderful deep ruby color in the glass with nice clarity.  The nose presents aromas of tart cherry, green grass and a bit of smoke.  The taste is classic Walla Walla cabernet, with a wonderful hint of sweet bing cherry on the front end that transitions nicely to some mineral notes and bit of vanilla midpalate.  The tannins are young but well integrated, providing a foundation for the finish, which is dry and sultry, with a reprise of dried herbs at the end.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a great example of a Walla Walla cabernet with plenty of fruit and savory notes that make it a perfect steak wine.  Which is a good thing, since I'm enjoying this one with a rare prime black pepper bacon wrapped filet mignon, with a baked potato with sour cream and chives and some grilled Brussels sprouts.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment