Saturday, August 13, 2016

2010 Liquid Sky Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Saturday!  Today I had a wonderful adventure to South Haven, Michigan where I stopped at the Dutch Farm Market to get a very berry pie, then I was able to do some wine tasting (more on that in a future post) and restock my olive oil and balsamic supply from my favorite oil retailer, the Olive Cart and I got a quart of ice cream from Captain Nemo's (I clearly didn't think that one through with an hour and a half drive home!  And to make matters worse for the poor ice cream I stopped at Costco on the way home and they happened to have something spectacular for dinner tonight (more on that in a bit).  So to match the fantastic dinner, I've decided to open a bottle of 2010 Liquid Sky Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon from the Moon Mountain AVA in Sonoma, so let's see how it is!


The wine is an inky black color at the center, with bright ruby along the edges, just what you'd expect from a nice Cabernet.  The nose presents aromas of blackberry, blueberry, kirsch and smoke that really gets you prepared for something good.  The taste is a rush of jammy black fruit up front that transitions nicely to some warm spice notes, leather and smoke midpalate.  The tannins are firm and well integrated into the long, smooth and exceptionally dry finish.  This is a big Cabernet for folks who really enjoy the big wines from California.


Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, it really is a delicious Cabernet and it was a good value at just $25 from Wines Till Sold Out.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a rare grilled prime ribeye cap steak (yes, Costco had ribcaps!!!) along with a baked potato and some grilled Brussels sprouts, and of course a nice piece of very berry pie for dessert.  This is a perfect wine for a big, rich steak like a ribcap.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment