Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2012 DaMa Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

My Christmas break has officially begun as I'm now off work until January 4, so get excited for new posts, some of which may be in the middle of the afternoon...you never know!  Tonight as I have my last pre-holiday dinner, I've decided to open a bottle of 2012 DaMa Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, my first taste since the 2009 vintage (though I still have a bottle of 2011).


The wine is a deep ruby color with nice clarity.  The nose presents aromas of blackberry, cassis, fresh cut grass and a bit of tar.  The taste is quote nice, with a blast of cherry cola up front that transitions to some lovely earthy notes of dusty limestone and white pepper midpalate.  The tannins are somewhat soft, providing a nice base for the long, dry and voluptuous finish that practically dares you to take another sip.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, it's drinking very nicely now but will likely improve a bit with some time in the bottle.  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.  Of course I'm also having a nice Kansas City cut bone-in New York Strip, baked potato and some steamed broccoli, but this wine would go well with almost any steak.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment