Friday, October 4, 2013

2010 Canoe Ridge Frontier Reserve Cherry Street Red Wine

Well, tonight seems like a good night to enjoy a nice glass of wine, especially with so much going on!  It was a busy day at work today, plus I have a lot of craziness going on with trying to relocate to Indiana for my new job, we have the winner being announced for ArtPrize here in Grand Rapids, and I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting.  So let's make this a Washington Wine Weekend shall we?  Tonight is the first Washington wine and the inaugural selection for my new office wine club (we are starting small as there are only 4 of us!), the 2010 Canoe Ridge Frontier Reserve Cherry Street Red Wine from the Horse Heaven Hills of the Columbia Valley!


The wine is a lovely rich ruby color in the glass.  The nose is brimming with ample ripe red fruit overlaid with lovely notes of leather and baking spice.  The taste is a burst of tart cherry that subsides into a basket of ripe berries and plum.  The fruit gives way to some lovely notes of limestone as the nicely structured tannins provide all the support you need for a long, smooth and exceptionally dry finish that seems to last a minute or more.

This is my first sampling of wine from Canoe Ridge and I must admit I wasn't disappointed.  Overall I'd rate it a solid 8, as it's the sort of wine that is delicious on its own, but also beckons you to pair it with a variety of rich or zesty dishes.  It was also a great value as we bought this one from Wines Till Sold Out for just $17!  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with just a simple linguine with some spicy marinara, since I really didn't feel like cooking tonight!  So what's next for this Washington Wine Weekend?  You'll have to come back to find out, it could be exciting especially when considering that tomorrow is also Cellar Saturday!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment