Saturday, June 9, 2012

2006 Chateau Pavillon Bel-Air Lalande de Pomerol

Ok, I'll admit it, but I hate taking a break from so many great Walla Walla wines, but I am guessing you're getting a little tired of them even if I'm not!  So today let's take a break and go back to Bordeaux for a wonderful summer wine, the 2006 Chateau Pavillon Bel-Air Lalande de Pomerol!


This wine is a nice, classic blend of Merlot (75%) and Cabernet Franc (25%) which creates a somewhat lighter style of wine, but one with some complex flavors and nuances that really make it a wonderful wine for food, or just sipping on the patio.  In the glass, this wine is a translucent bright ruby color, with a nose of soft ripe fruit and a hint of rose petals.  The taste is well rounded, with soft berries and ripe plums which give way to well structured tannins providing for a wonderful, smooth, dry finish that is so characteristic of a nice Bordeaux.

I bought this one from Wines Till Sold Out, I think on a cheapskate Wednesday, so how could I beat that?  This one is a great everyday drinking Bordeaux, and with a lighter body it's perfect for warm summer evenings.  At a price of just $14, I can't help but love this wine and would give it a solid 7.5!  Tonight I am beginning by enjoying a glass of this wine with some wonderful red and green Cerignola olives on the patio (wine and olives are such wonderful companions aren't they?) but soon enough I'll grill a wonderful 2" thick ribeye I've been marinading since this afternoon!  Combine that with some roasted peppers and a lovely Tuscan white bean salad and I'll be wonderfully sated! Sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment