Sunday, May 13, 2012

2008 Rockridge Road Red Wine

WOW!  It has been a hellacious couple of weeks!  Work has been absolutely insane so my priorities have been turned completely upside down with nary a moment to enjoy a nice glass of wine.  That's not to say I haven't been drinking wine, I just haven't had the time to enjoy it! 

That all changes now, I am getting back to somewhat of a normal schedule, and I even have some vacation time coming up, so watch out wine world, here I come!  So as I sit home on a Sunday night, I've decided to open up a bottle of 2008 Rockridge Road red table wine, a perfect wine for the every day.


This wine is a little lighter in style, but still a medium bodied red with a lovely ruby color.  The nose is an interesting combination of sweet fruit, leather and just the faintest hint of mint.  But don't be deceived by the aroma of sweet fruit, as this wine is really not sweet or fruity, there is a bit of blackberry on the front end, followed by tea leaves and spice midpalate.  The tannins are very soft, leaving the finish something to be desired, but still it's a nice easy drinking wine for a sunny, 75-degree day like today! 

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 7, and it's certainly helped a lot by the fact that it's incredibly affordable at only $6 (come on, you can't afford not to drink this wine at that price!).  I picked up a few bottles after a tasting at G.B. Russo's, my favorite local wine merchant a few weeks back.  Tonight I am enjoying it with classic summer fare, some locally made brats and sweet potato fries!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment