Saturday, October 15, 2022

2018 Mi Terruño Reserve Malbec

 Happy Saturday!  I can freely admit there was a time when I was just not a fan of Malbec, but I confess it's really grown on me over the past six or seven years, particularly when it's served with some high quality beef!  So, tonight as I am contemplating a nice T-bone, I've opened a bottle of 2018 Mi Terruño Reserve Malbec that I recently purchased from Wines Till Sold Out.  Let's see how this wine is tasting!

2018 Mi Terruño Reserve Malbec

The wine is a deep, inky purple in the glass, as you might expect from a Malbec from Mendoza.  Take a whiff and you're greeted with leather, green grass, and mineral notes blend with a variety of dark fruit, blueberries, blackberries and currant that just raise your expectation of the taste to come.  Take a sip and you're awash with ripe fruit and earthy flavors of tar, peat and graphite, even as you are drawn back to some wonderful oak and vanilla notes from the barrel aging.  The tannins are well structured and provide for a cascade of delightful earthy notes on the lingering, smooth dry finish.

Cajun coffee rubbed T-bone steak with some oven roasted fingering potatoes and some steamed asparagus with Hollandaise

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 9, as it's just a very pleasant wine that is perfect for steak!  Which is a good thing, as tonight I am enjoying this wine with a Cajun coffee rubbed T-bone steak along with some oven roasted fingering potatoes and some steamed asparagus with Hollandaise.  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment