Sunday, May 15, 2016

2013 Roblar Meule Rouge

Sunday, that first day of the week and last day of the weekend where we try to cram as much stuff as possible!  That was my day today, non-stop work, I pulled up about 300 small maple trees that had sprouted this spring, cut the grass, trimmed around the landscaping, and I'm still doing laundry!  At least I can have a nice dinner and a glass of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle of Roblar Meule Rouge, a blend of Syrah (75%) and Grenache (25%) from the Edna Valley, which apparently is three miles east of Pismo Beach in California (is anyone else having flashback to Bugs Bunny cartoons?).  I got this one recently from the Wines Till Sold Out "Cheapskate Tuesday" event, so let's see how it is!


The color is almost inky black at the center with bright ruby along the edges, very reminiscent of a nice Cabernet.  The nose presents aromas of blueberry, blackberry and earthy notes of leather and oak.  The taste is very nice, with a rush of fruit up front, blackberry, cherry and black currant that transitions nicely to some dark chocolate and mocha notes midpalate.  The tannins are well structured resulting in s long, velvety smooth and exceptionally dry finish that seems to last a minute or more.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, I really like this wine and it was a terrific value at just $12.  This wine would be a perfect one to go with a variety of grilled beef dishes, from steaks to short ribs, but tonight I am enjoying this wine with a classic Sunday dinner of stuffed peppers. which should be coming out of the oven any minute now.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment