Sunday, December 13, 2015

2012 Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Welcome back!  Yeah, I know it's been a while, but this has been a crazy month.  Usually I have to travel a lot for work in the first half of December, but this time I had the surprise of not one but two funerals to go to as well, so in between Louisville, Cincinnati, New York and Boston I had to somehow fit funerals in Chicago and Tulsa into the mix!  So given that I wasn't even home once for the first ten days of the month, I hope you can forgive the dearth of blog posts!  But now I'm home, the house is decorated for Christmas and I am ready to end my weekend with a glass of wine.  Tonight it's the 2012 Beringer Knight's Valley Cabernet Sauvignon that I picked up at my local market a few weeks ago.


The wine is a deep ruby color, with an almost inky center, ideal for a nice Cabernet.  The nose expresses some lovely notes of blackberry and leather with a good bit of earthy mineral notes.  The taste is a rush of black fruit at the outset that transitions to some earthy mineral notes of basalt and dusty limestone midpalate.  The finish presents a reprise of blackberry as the young, yet tame tannins provide the backdrop for the long, smooth and very dry finish.

My house all decorated for Christmas!

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, it's a very nice Cabernet and it was a good value on sale for around $20.  Tonight I am relaxing after working hard all day, enjoying this wine with a classic pairing of a rare grilled steak, steamed white asparagus and a big baked potato.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment