Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2009 RouteStock Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Wine Wednesday!  It's been a pleasant week so far, so I thought why not open a nice bottle of wine to celebrate?  Tonight I've decided to open a bottle of 2009 RouteStock Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon that I picked up last weekend at my local wine store.  I've seen this wine before, but never really had a chance to try it, until now!


The wine is a bright ruby color in the glass, with great clarity.  The nose presents some pleasant aromas of leather, blackberry and cassis which seems right for a Napa Cabernet.  The taste was quite pleasant, with some ripe berries and plum up front that transition nicely to some warm spice and somewhat complex mineral notes midpalate.  The finish was very nice, as this wine seems to be just hitting its stride now, the well developed tannins provide for a smooth and exceptionally dry finish that seems to last the better part of a minute.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, it's a very nice example of a Napa Valley Cabernet, and it was a terrific value at only $18!  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a rare grilled Angus ribeye, along with some grilled peppers and green beans, a perfect midweek summer dinner.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment