Friday, June 19, 2015

2012 Protocolo Tinto Tempranillo

TGIF!!!  We are now on summer hours so we get to leave an hour early on Friday and I got a lot accomplished.  I went to the gym and worked out, then came home and mowed the yard before it starts raining again and now I've finally settled down for a nice glass of wine.  Tonight I've opened a bottle of our June office wine club selection, the 2012 Protocolo Tinto tempranillo from Spain.


The wine is a nice bright ruby color in the glass with nice clarity.  The nose is classic tempranillo, with aromas of ripe berries, plum and leather and just a hint of mint.  The taste is not as laden with jammy fruit as the nose would suggest, instead the fruit was subdued and quickly transitioned to some notes of iron and toasted oak midpalate.  The finish was rather brief, with some hints of vanilla on the back end, still an easy drinking wine.

Overall I would rate this wine a solid 7, it's a pleasant, easy drinking wine that was a great value at less than $7!  I picked this one up at G.B. Russo's in Grand Rapids and could be a nice mid-week wine.  Tonight I am enjoying this with some fresh proscuitto perline pasta from Trader Joe's along with some rosa prima vera, a nice easy Friday night meal.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment