Friday, October 24, 2014

2011 Encantado Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Friday!  It's been a long week and I just need to relax a bit and I figure I deserve it, after all I went to the gym after work and now that I'm home I should be able to enjoy a nice glass of wine before dinner.  Tonight it's the 2011 Encantado Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley, and for those who recall my review of the 2012 Encantado Cabernet Sauvignon that night I totally blew off the gym, so I am getting more disciplined at least!


The wine is a deep ruby in the glass with nice legs.  The nose is classic Cabernet, with rich black and red fruit notes along with some nice toasted oak and spice notes.  The taste is lusciously fruit forward, with blackberry and plum bursting forth, then a smooth transition to some warm spice notes of vanilla, cocoa powder and a hint of anise.  The tannins are well integrated and provide a nice backbone for the long, dry and velvety finish that seems to last until you take another sip.

Overall I would rate this wine a solid 8, as it's drinking quite nicely now, but could definitely mature over time, and at $25 from Wines Till Sold Out, I'm having a tough time deciding which of these wines I like better!  Tonight I am enjoying this with a simple meal of grilled New York Strip, some steamed jasmine rice and some asparagus, as this Cabernet is a perfect grilled steak sort of wine.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment