Friday, April 25, 2014

2011 Woodward Canyon Artist Series Cabernet Sauvignon

So here I am at PDX, waiting to fly back to Chicago and of course seeing the "Shop/Dine/Fly" banner I decided to do them in that order! First stop the Made in Oregon wine shop and they were doing a tasting of some southern Oregon red wines, so I bought three bottles of Merlot and a bottle of Syrah!  Shopping done!  Now to dine...of course with a half bottle of 2011 Woodward Canyon Artist series Cabernet Sauvignon, I chose a nice mixed green salad with grilled chicken. 


Oh yes, the wine!  One of my faves (didn't I just review the '10?). It's a deep purple in the glass, this 20th annual edition of the wine had great aromas of blackberries, cassis and leather giving it a rich profile before you even begin!  The taste is wonderful, with a rich, velvety mouthfeel and great fruit up front that transitions to some great spice and minerality mid palate. The nicely structured and fully integrated tannins provide for a long, lush finish that had me wanting more!


Overall I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, a classic of the best of what a Cabernet can be from the Walla Walla valley. And it was the perfect accompaniment to the lovely Italian dressing and fresh greens of my salad!  Here's to flight delays!

No comments:

Post a Comment