Saturday, February 11, 2017

2012 Helix Columbia Valley Syrah

So so here is the big news this week I disconnected from Comcast! I became very tired of paying so much money for such little service which means now I have no Internet at home.  So until my Internet is installed on Tuesday, I will be blogging in from my phone.  So please excuse any typos. Now for today's wine the most important thing!  Tonight I've decided to open a bottle that I recently got from my wine clubs selection at Reininger the 2012 Helix Columbia Valley Syrah!  So let's see how this one tastes. 



The wind is a deep inky purple in the glass. The nose presents aromas of leather, blackberry green grass and smoke. The taste is a rush of ripe fruit upfront with blueberries, current and a hint of boysenberry that transitions to some white pepper notes midpalate. The fine grain tannins provide a great foundation for the long smooth and exceptionally dry finish, that leaves you wanting more. 

Overall I would rate this wine a solid eight as it's a great red wine for a variety of dishes, from lamb to pasta to barbecue. Tonight I am enjoying this wine with a little different pairing, some seared sea scallops over a bed of spring greens along with some linguine tossed with garlic and olive oil topped with shaved Parmesan. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment