Monday, May 30, 2016

2015 DaMa Wines Rose of Cabernet Franc

Happy Memorial Day!  I always have mixed feelings about this holiday, as I like to honor those who've served our country in the military, but this also represents the first holiday of the summer, and hence the start of Rose season!  So today I've decided to open a bottle of 2015 DaMa Wines Rose of Cabernet Franc, an interesting little Rosa from the Walla Walla Valley of Washington.


The wine is a pale peach color in the glass, somewhat lighter than other roses I've had so far this year.  The nose presents aromas of cool citrus, grapefruit and a hint of strawberry and orange blossom.  The taste is quite soft, not the bright citrus acidity I was expecting, but rather some notes of honeysuckle, strawberry and a bit of olive.  The finish is quite nice, very dry and refreshing, just a bit of summer in a glass.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 7.5, it's a very pleasant rose that is perfect for summer.  This wine would be great with a light summer salad for lunch, or as I'm enjoying it this first holiday of barbecue season, with some barbecued ribs, fresh cole slaw and corn on the cob!  Whooo hooo this summer is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment