Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2010 L'Ecole No. 41 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon

Tonight I've decided to open a bottle of one of my favorite varietals from one of my all time favorite Walla Walla wineries, L'Ecole No. 41.  Specifically, I've opened a bottle of the 2010 L'Ecole No. 41 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon, inspired by my finding a bottle of the 2009 vintage at my local wine store last weekend.


The wine is a deep purple at the center, with a bright ruby along the edges.  The nose is classic combination of rich leather, cocoa powder, a touch of green grass and some ripe cherry.  The taste is a blast of cherry cola which transitions to some lovely mineral notes of basalt and limestone along with some green herbs midpalate.  The finish is lovely, as the elegant tannins provide for a velvety mouthfeel and the basis for a long, sultry and exceptionally dry finish that just begs you to ask for more.

Overall I would rate this as a solid 9, as this is by far one of my favorite Cabernet Sauvignons!  Tonight I am enjoying this with a classic pairing, a nice prime New York Strip grilled rare with a big baked potato with all the trimmings and some steamed cauliflower.  The great tannins and solid backbone of this wine makes it just perfect for steaks!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment