Sunday, December 1, 2013

2012 The Prisoner

Well it's December already and I am now moved into my new house, but there are still some open items like my internet access!  But never one to sweat the details, I decided to put in my first blog post via mobile device!  And for tonight's selection I've opened up a bottle of 2012 The Prisoner, a red blend from Napa Valley. 

The nose is a pleasant blend of red fruit, strawberries, plum, green grass and tar. The taste is very jammy up front, with rich fruit, plum, blackberry and strawberry that transitioned to some dusty limestone and smoke midpalate.  The finish was smooth and very dry, with a smoky accent that lingered for a good while. 

Overall I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it's a solid Napa Valley blend but it's a little pricey for an everyday wine at $41. Tonight I'm enjoying this one with some slow cooked beef ribs, mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus tips. The fruit of the wine really plays well against the flavors of the beef ribs and the smooth starch of the taters, delicious!  


No comments:

Post a Comment