Monday, December 23, 2013

2010 Chateau Hyot Cotes de Bordeaux

So after my Christmas party last Saturday and getting all my Christmas shopping done today, I figure my theme for this evening is "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we wrap!"  And what am I drinking?  Tonight I am finishing a magnum from the party, the 2010 Chateau Hyot Cotes de Bordeaux, a magnum I bought from WTSO's magnum marathon a week or so ago!

The wine is a classic Bordeaux, with a nose of rich black fruit, anise, leather and tart cherry.  The taste is very Bordeaux, with very mellow fruit up front that quickly transitions to dusty limestone and complex minerality mid palate. The finish is long and extremely dry, classic Bordeaux. 


Tonight I am enjoying this as a before dinner aperatif before going out to the Chubby Trout for half price sushi! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment