Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2017 DaMa Wines Rose of Cabernet Franc

Well, rose season is starting to kick into high gear, as the weather has been warm and sunny, all of my trees have leaves so suddenly my yard is under a complete canopy, making for stunning evenings on the patio.  So on this Wine Wednesday, I've decided to open a new rose I received in a wine club shipment from DaMa Wines a week or so ago (caveat on this rose season, I'll be drinking a lot of it, but writing little as I have such a surplus yet from last year!).  So let's see how this wine is preparing me for summer!


The wine is a very pale peach color in the glass, as the nose emits aromas of spring flowers, sweet strawberry and mango that shifts decidedly to a more citrus bent with some grapefruit aromas as it opens up.  The taste is just sublime, with some lovely spring floral and earthy mineral notes at the outset that throws you a bit off your game, but then it brings you right back with some wonderful citrus and tropical fruit notes intermingled with such light floral notes that it really is like sipping Spring!  The finish is crisp and clean and very dry, perfect for summer.


Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it is really a favorite for rose season.  This wine could pair well with a variety of seafood and salads, but I think it would pair the best with an afternoon on the patio!  Tonight I am enjoying this wine with some seared sea scallops on a bed of fresh picked arugula, along with some garlic and Parmesan orzo and steamed broccoli.  The crispness of this wine is just wonderful with the richness of the scallops.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment