Friday, January 12, 2018

2015 Josh Cellars North Coast Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Friday!  It's been a busy week and definitely time for a glass of wine!  Tonight I've opened a bottle that I picked up at my local market when I went grocery shopping last week.  I've had wine from this producer before, so I figured I'd try a bottle of the 2015 Josh Cellars North Coast Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, so let's see how it tastes!


The wine is a deep, inky black at the center, with bright ruby along the edges, just as you'd expect from a Cabernet.  The nose is chock full of ripe black fruit, with some interesting green grass and floral notes mixed in that give this one an interesting vibe.  The taste is a rush of sweet ripe berries, blackberries, currant and cherries, that give way to some notes of cocoa powder and green herbs midpalate.  The tannins are fairly smooth, providing nice structure to the long, smooth and very dry finish.

Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8, as it's a very pleasant drinking wine, and for $16 it makes a nice everyday wine as well.  This wine would pair well with the Cabernet classics, steaks, chops, roasts, but tonight I'm enjoying it with a simple linguine with spicy marinara and a baby arugula salad.  The spiciness of the sauce and the arugula really pairs well with the sweetness of the fruit in this wine.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment