Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2014 Raymond Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Wine Wednesday!  I’ll admit this is a bit of an odd post as I enjoyed this wine last weekend when I was visiting my cousin in Boston, and I thought I should blog about it since I’d visited the winery a number of times in the past. So tonight I’m sharing the 2014 Raymond Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.


The wine is a lovely ruby color in the glass, somewhat lighter than a typical Napa Cabernet. The nose of chock full of classic Napa Cabernet aromas, leather, red fruit and cassis.  The taste is a wonderful array of black fruit, blackberry, cherry and plum that transition nicely to some notes of mint and dusty limestone midpalate. The tannins are nicely integrated, resulting in a long smooth and very dry finish.


Overall, I would rate this wine a solid 8.5, as it’s just what you’d expect from a solid Napa valley Cabernet. This wine would pair well with a variety of steaks and chops as well as hearty Italian dishes. Despite the pairing suggestions, I enjoyed this wine with some dessert of fresh cannoli from Modern Pastry in the north end of Boston.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment